Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Is your life like an onion...

One day I was looking out the window
And was lost in thought
I thought that everyone I knew
Only knew a certain part

Like an onion with many different layers

And how much you need to peel
In order to get to the center
From the surface people see

To the deepest part of me
So this is a poem
Dedicated to everyone I know
See yourself anywhere?
Perhaps so....

The people that I know only by name

Look at me at the outside and say "She is cold and downhearted"
Then they turn away

The people tat I get along with but we are not too close

Look at me and say "She is a nice person to be with"
Then they turn away

The people that I see a lot during the day those who have some idea of who I really am

Look at me and say "She would be a wonderful friend to have"
Then they turn away

The people who I see and get along with most of the time

Look at me and say "She is a friend of mine, and I'm glad that I know her"
Then they turn away

Finally the ones that I know the most are the ones that say

"You know, if she never here to begin with I don't know where my life would be without her"
Then they would turn away

Suddenly they would stop

Turn around and come back
And then they would look at me and smile
And say "I care about you don't you ever go away"

My life is similiar to an onion

On the surface cold and harsh
While underneath blooming with kindness and understanding
Beyond compare

The further you go into me

The more you shall see
What is really like to be me..... to know me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home